Auckland Based - Senior Consultant - Operational Risk - Project Management
The velocity of change in the world is increasing every day driving the need for IAG’s products, services, business practices and systems to evolve rapidly to keep pace. These changes elevate the importance of assessing and promoting a strong risk culture within our project management space. To do this we have created a brand new opportunity within our Chief Risk Office as a Senior Consultant - Operational Risk with specific responsibilities in respect of key projects.
In this pivotal role reporting into the Operational Risk & Assurance Manager, you will work across the IAG New Zealand enterprise and make a difference by:
- Supporting the Operational Risk & Assurance Manager in developing, managing and maintaining the operational risk and assurance strategy for IAG NZ and advising on the effective business application of the operational risk management framework and underlying tools and enabling technology.
- Taking a lead role in the development, deployment and maintenance of a Key Project focused ‘second line of defence’ risk management programme and tools, as part of the overall IAG NZ operational risk management programme that is managed by the Operational Risk & Assurance team.
- Promoting a strong risk culture across the organisation, based upon the Three Lines of Defence model for risk management, by providing effective communication with key stakeholders.
- Provision of operational risk management and project risk management advice in order to support enterprise wide strategic initiatives.
Critical to your success will be your:
- Experience in developing, operating or advising on effective operational risk management frameworks in a financial services organisation or professional consultancy firm
- Experience in the application of project risk management and assurance practices within a large corporate environment, including the identification of project and change management risks and the development of practical risk mitigation strategies
- High level of personal drive and enthusiasm, ability to engender enthusiasm in others, ability to handle sensitive information with utmost confidence and integrity, strong relationship building and influencing skills, and team work
- Experience in dealing with a range of stakeholders (including senior management) on risk related matters
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex data and issues
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Degree or post graduate qualification in business, commerce and/or digital, technology
Reward & Benefits:
- Competitive salary + discretionary annual bonus
- 50% discount on IAG insurance products
- Positive, inclusive team environment where we welcome individuality and celebrate diversity
- Iconic 5-star green building in Auckland’s stunning Viaduct
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements embracing a healthy work/life balance
- Discounted medical insurance through Southern Cross
- 1 paid volunteer day per year to contribute to the cause of your choosing
- Health & wellness benefit $500 annually, e.g. for gym membership or hobbies, after being with the company for 1 year
- Flexible career break opportunities
- 10 days’ paid sick leave per year + 5 days of domestic leave
- Employee assistance programme offering counselling sessions at difficult times free of charge
- Long service recognition; enjoy 25 days of annual leave after being with the company for 5 years
- Opportunity to join the employee share plan
- Corporate discounts at multiple retailers and service providers
- Special deals on FlyBuys
- Free annual flu vaccinations
Working in a demanding, fast paced and evolving industry, IAG is a company that genuinely values its customers and invests in our staff to deliver its strategic goals - keen to be part of our success? We want to hear from you.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Alex Hanna - Talent Acquisition Business Partner on (09) 9696973
Applications close Sunday 10 th of December 2017