KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.The Technology Risk practice is a significant supplier of IT risk management and cyber security services across New Zealand. Our consultants combine their extensive knowledge with experience of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value. Our service offering and client portfolio provides an exciting and challenging environment.
- As part of the Technology Risk practice, the Senior Advisor is responsible for the operational management of small engagements, and for assisting other team members with larger engagements, staff supervision and team administration.
- The Senior Advisor will work on a range of services to help:
- Evaluate the GITCs (General IT Controls) supporting KPMG’s financial audit processes.
- Assess and manage cyber security risks.
- Deliver IT internal audit projects across a variety of IT subject matters.
- Implement governance, risk and compliance solutions.
- Manage business continuity and disaster recovery processes.
- Coordinate and direct small to medium assignments in a manner that meets client timelines, budget and outcome requirements.
- Assess engagement risks and manage identified risks.
- Provide advice to clients that is technically sound and aligned with clients' needs.
- Plan overall work requirements for an engagement e.g. prepare budgets to achieve a target recovery rate and manage projects against budget.
- Establish and maintain a profile in the New Zealand market, based on personal knowledge and experience.
- Identify and proactively respond to new business opportunities to provide added value to clients.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, promote teamwork and individual accountability with engagement team members.
- Coach, develop and support other team members.
- Produce clear and well-presented reports and other deliverables.
- Four years or more relevant IT assurance and advisory experience in a consulting role.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to quickly establish relationships.
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Experienced in delivering IT audit support as part of financial audits, and an understanding of financial business processes, including:
- IT General Controls (access control, change management, systems development, IT operations)
- Automated application controls, including segregation of duties, processing controls, interface controls
- Financial business processes, including revenue and receivables, purchases and payables, fixed assets
- Assessing the impact of control failures on financial audits.
- Strong knowledge of IT management and operational processes.
- Broad security knowledge, including in areas such as operating systems, databases, applications, IT security and controls regulations and governance standards.
- A curious mind with the ability to research and understand emerging technologies (e.g. IoT, Blockchain, Robotic Process Automation).
- Experience in the supervision of staff.
- A great sense of humour and a high level of self-motivation, energy and drive.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.