The Institute of Internal Auditors New Zealand (IIA NZ) is a member-led organisation that draws on the skills and knowledge of our members in the private and public sectors across the country. We've been established in New Zealand since 1986.
We're affiliated with and draw on the professional practice Code of Ethics and standards, and extensive guidance and resources of the Institute of Internal Auditors Global and Institutes of Internal Auditors around the world.
IIA NZ Vision
Internal audit professionals are widely recognised, respected, trusted and valued as the leading providers of assurance and advice on risk management, internal control and governance for the benefit of organisations and their stakeholders.
- We provide leadership, promote, advocate for and support best practice internal audit within our New Zealand context.
- We provide insight into current trends, ideas and information about our diverse and dynamic profession here at home and overseas.
- We create opportunities for members to increase their knowledge and advance their careers, through continuing professional education, certification and networking.
We are committed to achieving progress through sharing best practices and contributing to the global development of our profession.
Our underlying values are
Our 2016 Annual Report details our strategic intentions and results.
Our activities include
- Upholding standards and promoting quality improvement programmes and quality assurance reviews.
- Advocating, promoting and publicising the profession to industry professionals, universities, government, public and private sectors.
- Contributing to the global profession with representation on international committees.
- Bringing internal auditors together to share their information and experiences.
- Providing internal audit practitioners, executive management, boards of directors and audit committees with standards, guidance and information on internal auditing best practices.
- Providing professional development activities and certification.